Sunday 5 May 2013

Product Review: Clinique High Impact Mascara.


Back in December, I purchased a couple of things from Clinique, and they were having some sort of Christmas promotion where you got a sample box if you purchased a certain amount of things. Most of the samples were alright, nothing too striking, I used them up but don't think I would purchase the full size, however one of them stood out to me. The High Impact Mascara.




What it says it does: 

High Impact Mascara is a multi-benefit mascara that adds maximum volume with definition and length. Specially developed brush and formula work together to dramatically thicken lashes while separating.


Benefit: Thickening.

Product: 9/10.

I love this mascara. I think it's a brilliant everyday mascara that makes your lashes look gorgeous, adds volume and length, without going overboard. For a night out, I'd go for something more dramatic, if not false lashes, whilst keeping this for my daytime make up. The brush and formula are a match made in heaven, it doesn't clump, it doesn't dry out fast (I started using this mascara in December. It is now May, and it's as good as new!), it doesn't smudge during the day, it creates the illusion of perfect lashes. It does what it says it does.


Price: 7/10.

A full size of this mascara retails for £16, which I think is a decent price for a mascara that works so well, although I do feel that there are mascaras out there which are almost as good for a lower price. I do feel like we're partially paying for the brand, but then again the brand carries some sort of safety assurance. I feel like this is less likely to cause any irritation than a cheap high street mascara. Also, it's nothing too overboard, and certainly affordable!

Final verdict: 8/10.

Would I purchase this mascara: Yes.

Would I recommend it to a friend: Definitely. 

I am extremely fussy about my mascaras, as I find that many of them get really clumpy and stick my lashes together. I usually have to apply the coats very sparingly, otherwise my lashes end up looking like spider legs (icky!). This, however, does exactly what it says it does. It adds volume and length, while defining and separating lashes. I don't tend to have a problem with my mascaras flaking and smudging during the day, however I know that many people have that problem. Guess what? There's also a waterproof version of this mascara. I might actually give that one a go next time I'm buying a mascara!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment and be kind to others (: