Friday 21 June 2013

Product Review: MAC Oil Control Lotion.

I was itching to try the MAC Oil Control Lotion for a while now, but when I went to MAC they didn't have any travel sized bottles and I didn't want to invest in the full size bottle right away. The lovely lady there gave me a little sample jar, which I was excited to try out, and having used it all up now I'm happy to share my thoughts on this product! 




What MAC says:

The ultimate no-shine base for oil control. Natural exfoliants help improve texture and clarity. Lightweight and instantly matte, bonds makeup to the skin for fewer touch-ups. Oil-free hydration with natural colloidal minerals and antioxidants. Formulated to keep skin pH-balanced. Use day or night.

Product: 9/10.

I don't know if this product is supposed to have any long-term effects, nor did I use this for long enough to be able to notice any. As I have other creams which aim to 'fix' my skin, I used this solely as a make up base. I was quite sceptical about it at first, however I was pleasantly surprised when I first used it. It had a milky consistency, was very lightweight and absorbed into my skin very fast. It didn't have a matt finish, however used under make-up I did notice that my skin didn't get as oily as fast, and I didn't have to touch my make-up as often as I usually have to. Although my skin wasn't completely shine-free and it did get oily after a while, it did a pretty good job considering how oily my skin is and the current weather here, with humidity and temperatures ranging from 40-50°C. I also loved using this as it moisturised my skin, which allowed make-up to smoothly glide on. I tend to have a problem with some make-up bases and primers breaking me out, however this lotion left my skin looking perfect and did not irritate it at all.

Price: 9/10.

The full size (50 ml) retails for £21.50 and the travel size (30 ml) retails for £12.50. I think this is a pretty decent price for an effective make-up base that is both hydrating and mattifying. I've tried some pricier make-up bases that did not work half as well as this did in keeping my oiliness at bay and not breaking me out in the process. As this has a very milky consistency, a little goes a long way, therefore a bottle of this should last for quite long. 

Final verdict: 9.5/10.

Would I purchase this product?: Definitely.

Would I recommend it to a friend?: Yes.

As a mattifying and hydrating make-up base for oily skin, this is great. I have quite sensitive skin, and this did not break me out or irritate my skin. It does pretty much what it promises to do, and the price is reasonable for the quality of the product, as well as the quantity seeing as a little goes a long way. Definitely a keeper in my daily make-up routine, and I will have to purchase a bottle of this pretty soon as I'm out of the sample!

1 comment:

  1. I’m impressed, I must say. Really rarely do I encounter a blog that’s both educative and entertaining, and let me tell you, you have hit the nail on the head. Your idea is outstanding; the issue is something that not enough people are speaking intelligently about. I am very happy that I stumbled across this in my search for something relating to this.
    oversættelsestjeneste

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and be kind to others (: