Wednesday 8 May 2013

Product Review: Maybelline Super Stay 14hr Lipstick.


What Maybelline says:

Meet the 14 HR lipstick that won't weigh you down. Super rick colour with super staying power. No dragging. No drying. No letdowns at all.

14 HR Lipstick with an ultra-lightweight formula:

  • Stays fresh, light and comfortable.
  • Super rich colour that lasts 14 hours.
  • Pigments are enveloped in a long-wearing system.
  • 20 long wearing shades.

For best results apply your lip colour by starting in the centre of your upper lip. Work from the centre to the outer edges of your lip, following the contours of your mouth. Then glide across the entire bottom lip.


Product: 8/10.

Let me just start of by saying that I absolutely love this lipstick. I am a huge lipstick junkie in general, so I'm always on the lookout for a great lipstick. And I love my reds. These lipsticks are pigmented, the colour payoff is brilliant and the colours are vibrant and beautiful, with a lovely matt finish. And they smell ahh-mazing. Cannot go wrong with that. As for the staying power, it is incredible. I don't know if it lasts 14 hours, as I have never attempted to wear a lipstick for 14 hours, however I find that whenever I wear other lipsticks and go out for a meal, my lips are a sweet mess afterwards. But with this, I barely feel the need to touch up after a meal, maybe a bit in the very inner part of my lips. I couldn't even get the colour off my hand after swatching it for this review. 

However, Maybelline also claims that this lipstick 'won't weigh you down' and that it 'stays fresh, light and comfortable'. I don't agree with that. When I wear it, I do feel like I've got a thick layer over my lips, it does feel a bit heavy. Personally, I don't mind that, however I know that there are people who would feel uncomfortable wearing this lipstick. Also, it can get cakey if over-applied.

Also, Maybelline claim that this lipstick isn't drying. It isn't AS drying as some of the other matt lipsticks on the market, however I wouldn't say that this isn't at all drying. I usually slather a thick layer of lip balm on my lips when I start doing my make up, and by the time I'm done with my face and eyes it has absorbed enough for me to be able to apply this lipstick. 

Another claim by Maybelline is the 'for best results apply like this' part. Yes, it works, but I think that a lip brush might come in handy for a neater lip contour. It is still much faster and easier to apply than my other lipsticks, as it doesn't require the amount of prepping and setting, especially to achieve a long-wearing matt lip colour. 

Price: 9/10.

This lipstick retails for £6.99 in Boots, which is a normal price for a high street lipstick. The staying power and pigmentation beats most drugstore lipsticks that I've tried, and even some high end lipsticks. You can't go wrong with it!

Final verdict: 9/10.

Would I purchase this product again?: Yes, and in different colours too!

Would I recommend it to a friend?: Yes!

These lipsticks are pigmented with a great colour payoff, they smell incredible, they stay on your lips for hours and have a gorgeous matt finish. Love it! They also aren't as fussy to apply as my other lipsticks, as I usually go through a whole prepping and priming stage before carefully applying my lipstick with a lip brush, and dusting with powder to achieve that matt finish. 

P.S. - I used the shade 510 Non-Stop Red.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment and be kind to others (: