Monday 20 May 2013

Product Review: OPI Nail Envy.

 I have always had incredibly brittle nails, they would always bend in ever direction possible, they would peel, they would break before even growing to an acceptable length. I would always hate the fact that I couldn't really wear nice nail polish like all the other girls, cause it would just look awkward on my tiny nails. Now, OPI Nail Envy wasn't the first miracle nail product I came across. It was, in fact, the Rimmel 5 in 1 Nail Care polish. It retails for £4.59 in Boots, and is just a great product for the price. It got my nails to a state where they wouldn't break all the time, where I could grow them to a certain length and keep them that length. So you're probably wondering why I reached for something quadruple the price when I had found such an incredible product. Well, as I said, the Rimmel nail polish did allow me to keep my nails strong(ish) and at a decent length, long enough to finally be able to use all those gorgeous nail colours. However, I wanted something more, cause I wanted beautiful long nails. Not just long enough. So I got searching, and found a lot of positive reviews about OPI Nail Envy, and decided to give it a go. And here is my review.



What OPI says:

Provides maximum strengthening with hydrolysed wheat protein and calcium for harder, longer, stronger, natural nails. Ideal for weak, damaged nails.

Product: 9.5/10.

When I purchased this product, my nails were going through a bit of a crisis. Despite any other nail treatments, they would still break, peel and were a horrendous mess! I don't think I would decide to spent that much money on a nail strengthener if I wasn't really desperate. And so I got it, and used it according to the instructions, two coats on clean nails, then one extra coat every two days, take it all off after a week and start the whole jazz over again. I tried to not pay attention to my nails much then, as I hated them. I didn't look at them, I didn't file them, I just applied OPI Nail Envy and waited. And two months later, my nails were stronger than ever, long and beautiful! I NEVER had to cut my nails before, as they never got too long on their own. But now they did! And this is when I tried out the pointy nails style which I blogged about when I first started my post. Needless to say, OPI Nail Envy does everything it promised to do!

Price: 8/10.

OPI Nail Envy retails for £18.65 in Boots and £18.80 on OPIUK.com. Yes, it is a lot for a nail polish. Yes, it is totally worth it. You can also find the mini version of this nail polish on eBay for a lot cheaper, which is great if you want to try it out but don't want to spend £18! 

Final verdict: 9/10.

Would I purchase this product again?: Yes! 

Would I recommend it to a friend?: Definitely!

This nail treatment does exactly what it promises, and despite being a bit on the pricier side for nail polish, I think it's worth every penny! I've had mine for almost half a year now and have used it religiously ever since I got it, as a treatment when my nails are feeling weak and brittle, and as a base coat when I'm trying to maintain the length. It dries fast, which makes it a really easy to use base coat! I've used up a third of it, so it's safe to say that it will last me a long time. I keep mine in the fridge to make sure it stays runny and usable!

Note: I got the Original formula, however OPI offers a few different formulas for various nail problems, so you should definitely check out all the different types on OPIUK.com and pick the one that's best suited for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment and be kind to others (: