Thursday 6 June 2013

Beauty Haul: I lost my virginity...

 ...My M.A.C. virginity, that is. Yes, I have done my first ever shopping in M.A.C.! And I think I'm in the process of developing a M.A.C. addiction now!



I was quite excited to finally get some M.A.C. products, as although I've visited the stores a couple of times before, I never ended up purchasing anything. Not because I disliked the products, but because I could not bear the ladies working there. All the ones I happened to come across (until now) just had no clue what they were doing, and would be more interested in trying to sell me something, just anything, even if it would be 3 shades too dark for me, and would completely ignore my preferences and requests. So, I'd walk out disappointed each time. However, this time I was assisted by a very lovely lady, who just really hit the spot of customer assistance. Ahh! As I was a bit confused about the shade numbers, she helped me and matched me perfectly! And didn't try to sell me anything I had no intention of buying before entering the store. But gave me a sample for something I was unsure about! Just such a lovely lady. I wrote up a nice recommendation for her when I got home. :)

And now moving onto the other items I bought.

I got another tub of my favourite ever hair mask; the Botanics 3 minute deep conditioning hair mask. I just love that stuff. Leaves my hair silky and soft, without making it greasy and icky. Cheap and cheerful! Sadly, I couldn't find it on the Boots website. Hope it's not being discontinued, as that would probably break my heart!

Next up, I got a pair of these lovely false eyelashes from Boots. I adored their shape and can't wait to use them on a night out with an intense smokey eye.

I also purchased the Bourjois Volume Fast & Perfect rotating mascara. As Lottieees did a blog post raving about it, I was intrigued and decided to try it. Oh my! I don't think my eyelashes ever looked better, to be honest!

When I stopped by Lush, I got myself their Retread conditioner, a product aimed at very damaged hair. As I've recently changed my hair colour from black to red, it involved getting my hair bleached twice, so my hair has been feeling a bit dried up on the ends. I trust Lush to give my hair some loving!

Lastly, I had a quick stop by Kiehl's and picked up their Ultra Light Daily Moisturiser SPF 50. This has both UVA and UVB filters, making it a great everyday sunscreen. I tend to have problems using sunscreens daily though, as they either break me out or leave my skin feeling very greasy and sticky. When I tried a bit of this on my hand in the store, I was pleasantly surprised that its consistency is very watery, making me feel like it's a bit less likely to be greasy. When I rubbed it into my skin, it wasn't shiny and didn't have a heavy or sticky feeling to it. Hopefully it will feel as light on my face!

Here is the haul video! Please excuse the low volume, I need to learn to speak louder, haha!


So, this is it for this haul. Hope you enjoyed it!

6 comments:

  1. The last time I tried Lush was when I was like 13 and it gave me a really yucky rash on my legs and now I'm too scared to use it but I might go re-tempt fate after you raving about their products. Any favourite products I can try out? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried a couple of their face products, but I wasn't a big fan. However, I adore their lipscrubs and their Handy Gurugu hand cream, it's incredible! And the bath bombs, of course, but that's a given! :P I really want to try their BIG shampoo, since it's supposed to give you lovely volume! And would love to try some of their body butter bars, and the Turkish Delight shower smoothie just cause smearing turkish delights all over my body smells amazing! :P

      Delete
  2. i really like the colour lipstick its gorgeous

    ammyammy661.blogspot.co.uk

    amelia x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! Revlon do a very similar colour, but I decided to go for the MAC one as I've been lusting over it for ages! Such a classic red! And it smells so. damn. good.

      Lovely blog you've got going on as well! :)

      Delete
  3. controversial title! haha

    great haul, I haven't gotten my hands on some MAC stuff... yet ;)

    xo


    Inspirations Have I None

    ps. I'm having a GIVEAWAY on my blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you! It was quite exciting getting my first ever MAC products so... yeah :3

      I shall check out your blog and the giveaway! :)

      Delete

Please leave a comment and be kind to others (: