Tuesday 4 June 2013

This not That: High Street/Drugstore Cleanser for Oily Skin.



My skin tends to be quite problematic, it's very oily and prone to breakouts. I've been on the hunt for a good but inexpensive cleanser that would make my skin feel cleansed, control my oils and decrease the number of  breakouts I get. In this quick review I will show you the best and the worst of the cleansers that I've tried out recently.





What it says: Helps eliminate spots and blackheads with an uplifting clean feel.

Right after washing my face with this, my skin felt clean, as all the oil and dirt has been removed. Of course, I used a moisturiser right after as I am aware of the fact that stripping your skin is bad for it. My skin was noticeably less shiny throughout the entire day, and the amount of breakouts I get has significantly reduced since I've included this cleanser in my daily routine. The smell is also lovely, as although I dislike eating grapefruits, I love their refreshing scent! Overall, incredible cleanser, especially for the low price you pay for it!


What it says: Removes dirt, oil and impurities and leaves skin looking shine-free all day.

I sincerely disliked how this made my skin feel. Even after washing my face, it didn't feel too clean. It certainly did nothing in terms of making my skin stay shine-free all day, and absolutely nothing in terms of reducing breakouts and blemishes. The only thing I liked about this was the refreshing smell, but it just did absolutely nothing good for my skin. Cheap, but not worth a penny.

Have you got any recommendations for good, inexpensive cleansers? :)

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you.
    I myself have that Neutrogena face wash and it's dead nifty. I also have the yellow version of that Clean and Clear face wash and my skin really seems to dislike it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way! I just find the Neutrogena one more drying than the Clean and Clear one, however nothing a good moisturiser can't fix! ;)

      Delete

Please leave a comment and be kind to others (: