Friday 5 July 2013

June 2013 Beauty Favourites.

Seeing as we are already in July (what?! when did this happen?!) I thought it might be suiting to make my first ever monthly favourites post. I considered making this a full-on beauty, fashion and others favourites, however I decided to stick to beauty for now. I might expand all the way later, or perhaps carry on doing only beauty related favourites. What do you guys think? What would you like to see? (: Anyway, enough rambling, and let's jump into this month's favourites!

1. I have spoken about the Lush Retread Conditioner before, mentioned it in a haul and my post about dealing with damaged hair. When I got my hair bleached and re-dyed, I was very sceptical about any product being able to bring my hair back to a healthy state, yet this conditioner did exactly that, AND it didn't weigh my hair down at all, which is something I tend to experience with most rich conditioner, since my hair is so very fine. Overall, this product is a winner.

2. I tend to get very lazy with applying body lotion, so I don't do it every day. Since that was the case, I decided to reach for something really moisturising on the days I do decide to use body lotion, as well as to apply over any very dry areas on days I don't feel like moisturising my entire body. I picked up Nivea's Repair and Care Body Cream (although I later found out it also comes as a body lotion) and was really pleased with it. Its consistency is quite thick, but it feels very lightweight on the skin and gets absorbed in no time. It really softens the skin but there is no greasy residue, which makes it an easy product to use before getting dressed in the morning. I also love slathering on a thick layer of this on my freshly shaved legs, as it just takes care of any irritation and really softens my skin.

3. The Body Shop Vitamin E Face Mist has always been one of my favourite products all year round, but it proves to be especially handy during the summer months. It can be used over make-up, which makes it a great product to keep in your hand bag whenever you feel you need a quick pick-me-up on a hot day. Another way I love using it is keeping it in the fridge and spritzing it on before doing my make-up, as it really refreshes my skin, closes up my pores and adds a bit of moisture, allowing my foundation to go on smoother. It's got a rosewater scent, which I personally love, but the scent is very delicate. I have tried their Vitamin C Face Mist, and did not like it at all, as the scent was too strong and the product itself seemed to irritate my skin too much. The Vitamin E one, however, is a product I will keep repurchasing forever!


4. I am a little lipstick obsessed, and Rimmel have always been my favourite high street brand to turn to for cheap and cheerful lipsticks. Usually, I'm a fan of reds and dark pinks, however this month I've been going for more 'summery' colours, which caused me to pull out my Rimmel Colour Show Off lipstick in the shade 030 Tell No One. It's a gorgeous deep coral shade, with a matt finish, which I love in a lipstick.





5. Recently, my lips have been exceedingly dry, I blame it on the air conditioning which I am exposed to 24/7. Welcome to summers in the Middle East. I've tried so many different lip balms, ointments and chapsticks, and everything would seem to work when the product was on, but the second it rubbed off my lips were all dry and chapped again. Whilst desperately searching for a product that actually works, I Covet Thee mentioned the NUXE lip balm stick being more suitable for traveling than the original lip balm pot, so I thought 'hey let's try this stuff'. Needless to say, RĂªve De Miel saved my lips and I can't imagine replacing it with any other lip balm. It's incredible, because it absorbs into your lips, as opposed to just sitting on them, creating the illusion of softer lips, which I assume is due to the fact that it isn't petroleum based, like most lip care products. The lip balm itself has a mousse-like texture, which feels light yet rich on the lips, and has a lemon pound cake scent, which is incredible. Hands down, best discovery of the month.

6. The Body Shop Moisture White Shiso BB Cream isn't available in the UK or US, as far as I know. I purchased it in the Middle East, and I believe it's available in most Asian countries, as well as Australia. Not sure about anywhere else. The whole range is designed to 'whiten' your skin, which I don't exactly need, however this was the only BB cream I found that isn't too dark for me. When I first got it I hated using it on its own as it made me look really greasy and just meh. However, I loved the way it completely evened out my skin tone. It got rid of any redness and discolouration when it was applied, and when I tried using a thin layer of it under my foundation, I was pleasantly surprised. My skin just looked flawless, and I didn't even need to use as much foundation or concealer. And if your skin isn't oily, then I can imagine this working even better for you! I think that if you can get your hands on it, you should definitely try it out.

7. The Dove Regenerating Nourishment Hand Cream has been my go-to night hand cream for a long time now. The consistency is very light and lotion-like and it sinks into the skin really fast, however provides your hands with a lot of moisture. Each night that I've used this, I've woken up with really soft and moisturised hands. I don't like using this during the daytime, as I usually opt for something with an SPF in it, however if you're not too fussy about your daytime hand cream having an SPF in it, you could definitely use this during the day as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment and be kind to others (: