Tuesday 30 April 2013

Low(er) Calorie No-Bake Raspberry Pie.

Recently, on Pinterest, I came across a recipe for Strawberry White Chocolate Pie by Jamie Cooks It Up. Needless to say, I was left lusting for that no-bake summer treat. But I've been such a good girl with my eating recently, I didn't want to just throw it all away with a creamy dessert. So, I decided it was my mission to invent my own version of this dessert, cutting down on the fat and sugar content, making it lower in calories. I also made a smaller portion, as I felt that too much of a lower calorie dessert would accumulate either way. And here is the outcome. Creamy goodness.



Ingredients:

Crust:
  • 3 graham crackers (I used the low fat Honey Maid Cinnamon ones).
  • 3 walnuts.
  • 5 almonds.
  • 1 tbsp flaxseed.
  • 1 tbsp coconut oil.
  • 1 tbsp honey.
Filling:
  • 2 tbsp sugar free cool whip.
  • 2 tbsp low fat greek yoghurt.
  • 1/2 tbsp coconut oil.
  • 1 tsp gelatine.
Topping:
  • 3/4 cup fresh raspberries.

Now, to make the pie.

  • Crumble up the graham crackers, and put into a food processor, along with the rest of the crust ingredients. Mix until the consistency is even.
  • Take a pie dish and spread out the crust evenly using your fingers.
  • Whisk together the filling ingredients until of even consistency, and spread on the pie crust.
  • Top with raspberries.
  • Refrigerate overnight.
  • Slice up into four pieces and enjoy!

Nutrition Information (whole pie):
Note: 1 portion = 1 slice of pie, which is 180 calories.
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment and be kind to others (: