Thursday 2 May 2013

Healthy Pina Colada.


I've been on the hunt for a healthy Pina Colada recipe for a while now, but I just couldn't seem to find one. So I made my own.


Ingredients:
  • 1 cup frozen pineapple pieces (make sure to cut up the pineapple BEFORE freezing it).
  • 1 tbsp coconut oil.
  • 1 cup coconut water (I used Vita Coco).
  • 1/2 frozen banana (once again, slice it up beforehand).
  • 1-2 tbsp greek yoghurt (optional, I added it to make the smoothie creamier).
  • 1 tbsp honey.
  • 1 tsp gelatine.
  • 1 tbsp vanilla whey protein (optional, if you want to make this a post workout smoothie).
And now just put all of the ingredients into a blender, blend blend blend, and you've got a healthy Pina Colada!


Nutrition Information (2 smoothies):
Note: 1 portion = 1 smoothie, which is 235 calories.
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment and be kind to others (: