Tuesday 28 May 2013

Joined Product Review: L'Occitane Shea Butter Hand and Foot Creams.


 A while ago, a friend of mine gave me a sample set of the L'Occitane Shea Butter Hand and Foot creams. They came in little 10 ml tubes, which made them the perfect travel items! However, I couldn't resist and used them at home just to test them out. And here is what I think about them! I decided to make a joined review, as a lot of what I have to say is the same for both products. 


Shea Butter Hand Cream: 

What L'Occitane says: 

Enriched with 20% Shea Butter, this super-creamy hand cream penetrates quickly to protect, nourish and moisturise hands. Honey, almond extracts and coconut oil are blended with shea butter to create this extremely effective care. The rich texture is rapidly absorbed to leave the hands soft and smooth with no oily traces. 

Product: 9.5/10.

This is probably one of the best hand creams I have ever used, if not THE best one. The consistency of the cream is a bit on the thick side, however when rubbed into the skin it is absorbed instantly, leaving the hands soft but with no greasy residue. Perfection. My hands also remained very soft for hours after applying the hand cream, which meant that I did not use it that often, simply because I didn't need to! Also, a small amount of it goes a long way, and so this tiny tube has lasted me for quite a long time now! The scent is very creamy, and reminds me a bit of thick baby cream, which I personally don't mind.



Price: 8/10. 

This retails for £19 for 150 ml and for £8 for 30 ml (travel size) on the L'Occitane website. I think this price is very acceptable for the quality of the product you get. And, as I said, a little goes a long way, so a tube of this babe will last you for ages!

Final verdict: 9/10. 

Would I purchase the full size of this product?: Yes! 

Would I recommend it to a friend?: Any day! 

Top: Hand cream consistency.
Bottom: Foot cream consistency.
This hand cream is just perfect, works well in providing a tonne of moisture for really dry hands, or, in lesser amounts, to keep the skin nice and soft! Definitely a Holy Grail item! This also made me want to try out other hand products by L'Occitane, including their Shea Butter Nail & Cuticle Cream, the Immortelle Brightening Hand Care with SPF 20 (as I find it extremely important to wear a hand cream with SPF in it whenever I'm out during the day), as well as the Lavender Moisturising Hand Lotion, which I find would be a great hand cream to keep on your bedside table, as it comes with a convenient pump and the lavender scent would be very relaxing when getting all snuggled up in bed! 

Shea Butter Foot Cream: 

What L'Occitane says: 

A prescription for relief and well-being. Rich in nourishing shea butter (15%) and containing antiseptic A.O.C. lavender essential oil to purity, and anti-inflammatory arnica extract to help reduce redness and irritation, this cream moisturises and relieves irritated and tired feet. 

Product: 9/10. 

Does exactly what it claims it does, it has a cooling effect which definitely helps with relieving tired feet at the end of a long day, and also provides sufficient moisture to keep the feet nice and soft! The consistency is a bit runnier than the hand cream, but I find that to be great as it allows the lotion to be absorbed into the skin very fast, without leaving a greasy residue, which would cause you to slip! I also hate the feel of very thick, greasy foot creams, so this is a winner! The smell is a bit spicy, due to the various essential oils. You can definitely smell the lavender, which makes it a great night time foot cream, but I also smell a hint of a minty scent, although I'm not sure if this contains any minty essential oils. 

Price: 8/10.

Like the hand cream, this retails for £19 for 150 ml and for £8 for 30 ml (travel size) on the L'Occitane website. Also like with the hand cream, I think this price is very acceptable for the quality of the product you get!

Final verdict: 8.5/10. 

Would I purchase the full size of this product?: Yes! Would I recommend it to a friend?: Yes! I'm going to keep this pretty concise, as I went on about the hand cream, and I pretty much feel the same way about both products. Love it, a little goes a long way, definitely makes it to my Holy Grail products list! 

Overall, extremely happy with both products, so yay for L'Occitane! Can't wait to try more of their products! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment and be kind to others (: