Thursday 25 July 2013

The Skin Care Tag.

I've stumbled upon J'adore Jade's skincare tag, and found it quite fun and informative, so I decided to give it a go myself. Similarly to Jade I wanted to 'perfect' my skincare routine before I do a proper skincare routine post, and thought this tag would be a fun way to share some of it now.


Describe your skincare routine in 5 words.


Thorough cleanse, tone, treat, moisturise. 

What's your skin type?

Oily/combination. I get very oily pretty much all over my face, but I also get dry patches in those same areas. Crazy. I blame it on the air conditioning and the climate in the Middle East.

What's your favourite skincare product?

I don't think I can pick one product, as I feel that all the products I use all equally contribute to keeping my skin in a good state. In terms of how refreshed and comfortable I feel after using a product, I would say that my Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit Cleanser does the trick, as it makes my skin feel very fresh and cleansed, and the citrusy scent makes me feel more awake.

Top blemish zapper.

Either lavender oil or the Boots Tea Tree and Witch Hazel Spot Wand, as it's very cheap, and quite effective. I do, however, want to try Lush's Grease Lightning. 

Face wipes yay or nay?

Nay for everyday use. I used to use face wipes to take off my make-up daily, but I have switched to olive or coconut oil, or micellar water as it is very gentle and does the job very well. I do, however, use face wipes when I am travelling as it is compact, spill-free and quick.

Toner yay or nay?

Very much yay. I've been using the Clarins Exfoliating Toner for a while now, and it has made a world of a difference to my skin, allowing me to almost entirely stop using scrubs.

High end skincare or high end make-up?

This is a tough one, as I'm a fan of both. I've had very problematic skin as a teenager, which caused me to take great care when choosing anything that will be going on my face. If I did have to choose one, however, I would side with high end skincare, as I have used some high street foundations that don't irritate my skin.

What's the most unusual skincare product you've tried?

As I've said previously, I am very cautious of what products I use on my face. I discovered chemical peels and exfoliants not too long ago, and have been hesitant about trying them, as they are a moderately recent trend. I was worried they would be too harsh on my delicate skin and would cause irritations and break outs. I could not be more wrong, however, as chemical exfoliants now have a permanent place in my skincare regimen. 

You're in a French pharmacy and can only pick one item. What is it?

Bioderma I suppose, as I like using it and don't know any other French skincare staples.

Tell us your top skincare tip.

I like to run an ice cube all over my face, until it melts, every morning and evening after all my skincare sinks in. It tightens my pores, helps control my oiliness and reduces the amount of breakouts I get. Sometimes I will use green tea or aloe vera ice cubes, as they are soothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment and be kind to others (: