Saturday 10 August 2013

July 2013 Beauty Favourites.


I know that it's quite late to be posting my June favourites, as we're already in the second week of August, but oh well. They're late, as I originally wasn't going to post my favourites for this month, since I haven't been too adventurous and haven't tried many new things, however there were a few things I did really enjoy, so I thought I might as well go ahead and share them with you! So here it goes.

Essie Mint Candy Apple. This nail polish looks a lot greener on the website than it does in real life. It's actually more of a pastel blue than it is green. I've never been much of a pastel nails girl, I usually sway towards the darks and reds, however I did feel like being adventurous and trying something new. I was worried it would look too washed out on my pale skin, but I actually really liked what it looked like, and I've worn it quite a bit in July. I also think Essie changed the formulation a bit, as this applies much better than my old Essie nail polishes did. And the brush is different, although I'm not sure if I'm a big fan of that.

Benefit Erase Paste (Light). I got this concealer quite a while ago, and hated it as I found it too cakey and sticky to use under my eyes, it just looked horrible, never stayed and I shoved it into a deep dark corner. Recently, I've had a pretty bad break out that I could NOT conceal with anything, so I decided to give the Erase Paste another chance to shine. And it did! It's ideal for covering scarring and blemishes, it blends in very well and set with a powder lasts for hours. The only downside is the lack of shade variety, as the lightest shade can look a tiny bit too dark on me.

The Body Shop Lip & Cheek Stain (01 Rose Pink). I haven't been bothered to do anything special with my make up in July, I'd do my foundation routine, do my eyebrows and just pop on mascara. I didn't want to leave my lips plain, but I didn't feel like wearing lipstick either, and as I'm not a fan of lipgloss I decided to give lip stain a go. I liked either layering it up to achieve a bit of a bolder red lip, or I would put a bit on the inner part of my lips and blend it outwards, with a lip balm on top, creating a bit of a popsicle lip look. I got the Body Shop one as it was relatively inexpensive and I liked that it was quite small and easy to carry. When I run out of this, I will probably try a different brand, although this does do the job.

Bath & BodyWorks Sweet Pea Anti-Bacterial Hand Gel. This is a bit of a random favourite, although still a bit beauty related. I know these aren't available in the UK, which is such a shame, as these hand sanitisers are just so handy and come in such an incredible variety of scents. I've fallen in love with the Sweet Pea line in general, I've used the shower gel, bath soak, body lotion and body spray, however I've been addicted to the hand sanitiser the most. It just smells amazing, and not of alcohol, which tends to be a scent most often associated with hand sanitisers.

2 comments:

  1. I really need to try the Essie nail Polishes. I've nominated you for the Liebster Award- see more about it on my blog.

    http://ambertypes.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I shall check it out right now! :)

      Delete

Please leave a comment and be kind to others (: