Monday 2 September 2013

August 2013 Beauty Favourites.


August has been such a busy month for me, as I've packed my life into a suitcase and moved across the world, and will now be living and studying in England. Quite a big change after living in Kuwait all my life. Also, since I've been moving I haven't really been trying any new products, since I wanted to finish off the things I already had so that they wouldn't go to waste. All of the products are hair, skin and body products, cause it was too hot to wear much make-up this month and I kept it down to a minimum, as opposed to being adventurous like always.

The Dove Intensive Repair Overnight Treatment has been one of my favourite haircare products for a few years now. It's meant to be used overnight (as the name would suggest) once a week, however I like to use a smaller amount of it everyday after washing my hair. I either mix one or two pumps of it with some hair oil and massage it into the lengths of my freshly washed hair, or just use it on its own. It smells lovely and doesn't leave my hair feeling sticky, just super soft and healthy.

The Body Shop's Warming Mineral Mask is a great deep cleansing mask that really doesn't require a lot of time or effort. It's self heating and you leave it on for five minutes, yet leaves your skin feeling fresh and I did notice my skin clearing up while using it regularly. I don't think I'd replace a proper deep cleaning clay mask with this, however it's a great pick-me-up on some of the days between using a deeper cleaning mask.

The Body Shop's Vitamin C Microdermabrasion is a very fine and gentle scrub that leaves your skin feeling incredibly smooth. I'd only use it once every week or two weeks, as a bit of an extra exfoliation alongside using an exfoliating toner. 

The Body Shop's Peppermint Cooling Foot Lotion is just an amazing foot lotion for tired or overheated feet, as it's cooling and refreshing. It felt incredible after a long day out in the heat, however I can imagine it being quite a relief to use after taking off heavy boots during the cooler months. I also found it to be quite hydrating, however I'd still use a richer foot cream for hydrating purposes.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there my fellow blogger. Just want to let you know that I tagged you for the Liebster Award- check it here: http://littledreamersavenue.blogspot.com/2013/10/liebster-award.html


    xx,
    littledreamersavenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I bet that was a huge transition moving to London! The Dove overnight hair treatment sounds amazing, I might have to give it a try! Would love it if you checked out my blog http://justjone.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and be kind to others (: