Friday 24 May 2013

200 Calorie Cinnamon Toast!

I've had some sleeping difficulties lately, and ended up pulling an all-nighter a couple of nights ago. As a result, I had an insane craving for some cinnamon toast. But I didn't want to load myself up with half of my daily calories with one slice of toast, therefore I decided to 'skinny' it up a little. And this is the end result. Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you the 200 calorie cinnamon toast! I had mine with a banana and some yoghurt, but this would be perfect with a fresh fruit salad or even a fruity smoothie! Mmm...

Ingredients:
  • Piece of toast of choice (I used whole wheat).
  • 3/4 tbsp coconut oil (basically a tablespoon that's not really full).
  • 2 tsp light brown sugar.
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon (or more, or less, depending on your preferences).
  • 1/2 tsp honey.
Preheat your oven to 180°C. Mix all the ingredients in a little bowl (except the toast, of course), and spread on your piece of toast evenly. Place on an oven-safe dish and bake for 10 minutes. Take out and indulge! Beautiful, right?




Nutrition information:
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.













No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment and be kind to others (: